The changes in weather have been more trick than treat, but this won’t be enough to diminish plans for trick or treating. Some events have been moved indoors. The forecast calls for rain and cold temperature followed by snow.
- Lisa Donaldson Leslie writes via the Gratiot County Pulse group there are still a lot of events going on in her area. These include:
- Middleton Community church is having trunk-or-treat, free hot dogs and inside games with prizes.
- nursing homes/adult foster homes always love to see those smiling Faces. For example: Schnepps in St. Louis, Laurels in Carson City, Arbor Grove (6-7:30); Tartan Terrace; Warwick (5:30-6:30); Arcada house in Alma, and Riverside all in St. Louis.
- Maple Rapids community Center will have games, prizes and treats!
- The St. Louis Police, Fire Department, and First Baptist Church of St. Louis will be hosting a free candy safety check and hot dog cookout on the night of Halloween starting at 6 p.m. The First Baptist Church is located at 120 Michigan Avenue. In addition to the candy check, the event will offer free hot dogs, chips, drinks and bags of candy.
- The Trunk or Treat being put on by the Mid Michigan Minstrial Association has been moved inside due to the weather. It will now be held inside the First United Methodist Church on the corner of M-46 and Franklin Streets from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Shepherd’s Trunk or Treat has been moved indoors to the Shepherd High School auxiliary gym. The event will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Trick or Treating in Shepherd will run from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Oasis Community Church, 1250 E. Washington Rd., Ithaca, will host its 11th Annual Kid’s Carnival the night of Halloween from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event is free and will feature free hot dogs, chips, games, pop, face painting, prizes and candy.
- The Walmart in Alma will be hosting its Halloween Extravaganza tonight from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. It will feature different activity stations such as face painting, cookie decorating, pumpkin decorating, coloring, and candy bags.
Editors Note: You can submit revisions or changes by following the link to the original document here.