Welcome to The Readout, a quick look at the top stories being featured and shared on the Mid Michigan Journal website and groups. I am Jon Morgan, publisher of the Journal and your host.
In this episode, I am going to cover some of the ways that community members can submit news or event information to the site. Then, I am going to summarize some of the events taking place in the central Michigan area throughout the next few weeks.
Here are a few notes about the Mid Michigan Journal:
- Central Michigan residents are welcomed to join in on the continued discussions taking place inside the Isabella County Pulse and the Gratiot County Pulse groups on Facebook. You can find these groups by going to the Mid Michigan Journal on Facebook, or by going to isabellacounty.midmichiganjournal.com and gratiotcounty.midmichiganjournal.com.
- Do you have news that you would like to share with followers of the Mid Michigan Journal website and this podcast? News tips can be emailed to email@example.com or posted via a “News Tip” link that can be found at the top of the homepage on the site.
- Dalis Hitchcock will be answering questions related to pets and how to care for them via a new Questions and Answers Forum located on the site. Click “Pet Care Questions” to submit your question, or view the forum by clicking on “Answers Forum” in the main menu.
- Businesses and organizations in the region can register to be included in a new Business Directory which is being launched as a part of the Mid Michigan Journal website. Simply click on “Submit Business Information” in the submenu underneath the menu item “Business Directory.” Or go to the form directly.
Here is a list of upcoming events happening in and around the central Michigan area. If you have an event that you would like to have included, post it on either the Isabella County Pulse group or the Gratiot County Pulse group on Facebook. Or, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All events are subject to change, and most can be found on Facebook.
- Dot Painting with Cheryl McKay – This week’s session of Dot Painting will take place on Thursday, July 11 at 7 p.m. inside the Highland Bush located at 118 E. Superior St. in Alma, Michigan. This event is happening weekly every Thursday until August 1. Thursday’s class will have a summer time theme.
- Pancake & Sausage Supper – A Pancake and Sausage Supper will be held inside the Lumberjack Park, N. Lumberjack Rd 9160, in Riverdale, Michigan starting at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 18. The event will include a pancake and sausage meal, and music. Minimum suggested donation is $7 for adults, $4 for kids 5-10 years old, and under 5 are free.
- Ithaca Seventh Day Adventist Church Food Pantry – Free groceries are available to those in need at the Ithaca Seventh Day Adventist Church at 935 N. Pine River St. from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. The next day to pick up groceries will be July 22.
- Alma Reads Book Club – The Alma Reads Book Club is a discussion group that meets the last Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Alma Public Library, 500 E. Superior St., Alma, Michigan. The group reads fiction from various genres, either classic works or newer, as well as non-fiction. New members are welcome anytime. For more information, contact the library at (989) 463-3966.