The Readout – The Mid Michigan Journal
September 2, 2018
The Mid Michigan Journal
View live updates on the Mid Michigan Journal’s Facebook page.
- Mitchell’s Gourmet Deli & Market opened in Mount Pleasant on Friday. “It has been an exhausting yet productive summer getting the store up and running. As we open please understand that we do not have set store hours currently. Please be patient and bear with us as we are still testing some things out and do not have everything in place as of yet,” a post said on their Facebook page. “The Mt. Pleasant store will offer the same items as the Shepherd Deli plus more! If you have not been to our store before we offer many Michigan made items, coffee, pizza, gourmet sandwiches, catering, gift baskets, Mitchell made goodies.” Additionally, the Mt. Pleasant location will also feature ice cream. The new store is located at 1982 East Remus Road.
- The Morning Sun reported that Alma’s Main Cafe is getting closer to an opening date.
- On a Facebook post, Main Cafe stated, “If there is one thing we have learned in the past 20 months, it’s that things don’t always work out the way we plan them. Although we had intended to open next week with our full hours and our full menu (including breakfast), we are going to have to wait just a little bit longer. We promise you, though, it will be worth the wait.” The Main Cafe will be open Tuesday to Saturday, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m., and closed on Sundays. “We will be serving the same menu of burgers, sandwiches, wraps, and salads. We have added on a partial kids menu as well,” the post explained.
- CMU students returned to campus for their first week of classes. The Central Michigan Life posted an article with advice for students who do not have cars.
- The Auto Group donated $100 for every car sold between August 13 – 18 to the Isabella County Restoration House. The fundraiser was organized by both The Auto Group and Members First Credit Union.
- Alma College posted a video of its President Jeff Abernathy leading new students through the college’s alma mater during its Traditions Dinner.
- Mid Michigan College is giving away theatre props and costumes on Thursday, September 6. “Hundreds of theatre costumes, accessories, props, and old sewing patterns are available. Items are being offered on a first come, first serve basis, and must be taken with you that day. All items must be out of the building by 4pm. All items are free,” the post on its Facebook page read. For more information, contact Carol Darlington at email@example.com or (989) 386-6625.
- The Learn to Skate USA Fall 1 2018 session is set to begin September 10th. Classes are held inside the Isabella County Events Arena in Mount Pleasant. Click here for more information.